Alumna: EAST has a very special place in my heart

Janice Tay, Alumna turned Fund Development Coordinator at EAST

Janice came to EAST through her pastor’s recommendation. The lesson that really stuck with her while at EAST is doing ministry integration through the head, the heart and the hands. Her favourite class at EAST was Bible Study Methods and Hermeneutics and Mentoring Group. “I really enjoy Bible Study Methods class. I learnt to observe, interpret and apply the Bible into my own life. I enjoyed the ladies fellowship in the Mentoring Group and sharing our lives together.”

Janice’s favourite teachers at EAST are Dr Keith Shubert, Rev Jacob Li and Mrs Josephine Goh. Dr Keith Shubert is very knowledgeable. He has a wealth of knowledge and he is a treasure trove of knowledge. Rev Jacob Li is very well-equipped and gives his 100% to his students. Mrs Josephine Goh, her mentoring group leader, is very passionate about mentoring people and has a very “on the ball” personality. like an energiser bunny.

Before coming to EAST, Janice was very passionate about helping the poor people in Cambodia and sharing the gospel with them. At EAST, she has opportunities to continue applying lessons she has learnt while ministering there. Being equipped at EAST has helped her with her ministry.

When asked about why Janice landed up in EAST upon graduation, her response was, “EAST has a very special place in my heart because I really felt a sense of affinity to EAST and I was approached to serve in the fund development area, so it is an area I could learn to try and do. Fund Development is very aligned with what I am currently doing. My uncle’s ministry is under the umbrella called Illuminations Asia and involved with Bible Translation. I am a Communications person in Illuminations and helping with fund development as well. I see myself working in the backend and working as a facilitator and make processes smoother for fund development to be carried out. At EAST, I am working very closely with Jonathan Yao. I am collating all the email addresses EAST has so as to create a central database and I am also helping with the revamping of the EAST website.”

Janice would recommend EAST to potential seminary students who are seeking a bible college that provides a practical approach to theological studies. At EAST, we seek to train, equip, and raise ministry practitioners for the Great Commission in East Asia and beyond. Come and learn to do ministry with your head, heart and hands like Janice!

#EASTAlumni #EASTLifestyle #EASTStaff