Alumna: God’s Perfect Plan for Me

When Koh Li Ting, came to EAST in 2012, she was already diagnosed with stage-3C melanoma cancer. “I never dreamed that I’d complete my studies,” she says.

Not only did the former Cru Singapore campus staff reach the finishing line, she was preparing herself to serve in a land God had called her to since she was 17 years old. “Ten years ago, I spent six months in one of its cities,” she says, “and saw how God could use a Singaporean like me to reach out to the minority people groups.”

After that stint, she came home to reach out to and disciple university students for seven years. But just as she was about to go back to the mission field overseas, she was diagnosed with cancer.

“The detour at EAST is God’s perfect plan for me,” says Liting, whose condition has been declared “stable” by her doctors. “It gave me the chance to receive instructions, learn from mentors, and experience God’s deep healing – in body, soul and spirit.”

And because of EAST’s mission focus, her vision for the field has become sharper. “Three years ago, I felt the mission field needed me,” she says.

“Now I know God doesn’t need anyone. To be given life and breath to serve Him is His gift, and my honour.”

Update (2020): Koh Li Ting is now married to Tan Eng Kwang, EAST Staff (PA to Dean of Advancement/Admissions Officer) and they have two lovely children, Kalos (2) and Kara (6 months old). Together with her husband, they lead a life group consisting of both young couples and singles.

Filed under Newsletter · Tagged with , , , ,