EAST Aleph 2015 ended with the school on a multicultural hunt dubbed Mission Explorer. The Student Council sent Mentoring Groups out to discover multifaceted Singapore, learn other cultures and languages, and have a great time of team building. THANK YOU all for capping the two-week long orientation program with a fun and meaningful time together. Classes begin next week!
EAST Partners In Ministry (PIM) welcomes newcomers to the program. PIM targets the students’ most valuable ministry partner–their wives–for personal development. Through Bible teachings, practical equipping, and personal coaching, PIM seeks to holistically develop them as fellow partners in ministry to their husband.
Find out more: www.east.edu.sg/academicprograms/pim/
EAST Aleph for new students started last Friday and runs for two weeks before academic classes start. We are grateful for the bumper number of new students this year coupled with new faculty who has joined us for this new academic year.
Please pray for a most fruitful time for all during the EAST Aleph as new students: attend their Research Writing class, get oriented to their academic program and resource facilities, develop skills of evangelism, live out Spirit-filled walk, and begin relationships with fellow Mentoring Group members. Thanks!
All Day and Evening Courses listed are valid for the semester of 20 July-20 November 2015. Registration deadline is Friday, 10 July 2015. You may register online or contact us for registration form. Click on individual course titles for more details.
- Theology of Missions (IS540A, 2 credits)
- Physical Settings of the Bible (BS531, 2 credits)
- Physical Settings of the Bible Practicum (BS532, 3 credits)
- Bible Study Methods and Hermeneutics (BS510, 3 credits)
- Biblical Counselling in Ministry (LF561, 3 credits)
- Building Spiritual Movements (IS501, 3 credits)
- Christian Leadership Foundations (LF510, 3 credits)
- Contextualisation (IS520/TS570, 2 credits)
- Expository Preaching 1 (LF555, 2 credits)
- Greek 1A: Introduction to Tools and Methods (NT500A, 3 credits)
- Greek 1B: Introduction to Grammar (NT500B, 3 credits)
- Growing Movements in the Kingdom (IS503, 3 credits)
- Hebrew 3: Hebrew Exegesis & Intermediate Grammar (OT503, 3 credits)
- Movements that Changed History 1 (TS500, 3 credits)
- New Testament Narratives (NT510, 3 credits)
- Old Testament Poetry, Wisdom, and Prophets (OT511, 3 credits)
- Research and Writing for Christian Leadership (LF500, 2 credits)
- Teaching And Learning 1 (LF530, 2 credits)
- Theology 1 (TS510, 3 credits)
- Worldview and Biblical Decision Making (TS560, 2 credits)
EAST was at the Jubilee Day Of Prayer together with 51,000 Christians to thank God and pray for Singapore in her 50th year of independence. Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong was the guest of honour and was prayed for by all present. Some 3,500 took part by viewing #JDOP2015 ‘live’ online.
“Prayer does not equip us for greater works—prayer is the greater work.” ~ Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest.