American Alumnus Ministering Locally

Alumnus Will Stacken & wife Amanda

American Alumnus Will Stacken graduated in May 2018 with a Master of Divinity in Christian Ministry. He has been serving in Living Hope Methodist Church since then and has settled down in Singapore with his wife Amanda, a Singaporean. Below is a short interview with him along with his prayer requests.

1. Being an American who had ministry experience in the Netherlands, what led you to Singapore and EAST to complete your seminary studies?

I have always been passionate about multicultural ministry and missions. After several successful mission trips to Southeast Asia, I felt that God might be leading me to long-term service in region. By doing my MDIV in Singapore, I had the time, opportunity and necessary tools to test and affirm God’s calling for the future.

2. How has been equipped at EAST help you in fulfilling God’s calling for your life?

EAST provided professors and mentors that helped form how I understand and love Scripture. I had opportunities to ask big questions about ministry and attentive teachers who took time to help me find answers. Courses such as Greek and Teaching Methods have provided valuable tools for my current ministry context.

3. What is your role and responsibilities at Living Hope Methodist Church (LHMC)?

I am blessed to serve as a Pastoral Team Member for Youth, Missions and Outreach.

Prayer Requests:

• Pray that I would embrace God’s strength and wisdom for each challenge that ministry presents to me.
  • Pray that I would have the attentiveness to make space for each of the youth and adults under my care.
  • Pray that my wife, Amanda, and I would continue grow and passionately pursue all the Lord has for us!

Filed under Newsletter · Tagged with , ,