Alumna: Soft Hearts and Childlike Faithfulness

“I  see people serving God with soft hearts and childlike faithfulness,” says Fang Fang, 41 then. “That really touched my life.” The psychotherapist who worked among mentally-ill people in a mountainous region in East Asia for nine years as a missionary always knew that God made her for “hard places.” Yet, there is a hard place that she is terrified of – “the hardness of heart.”

“I often prayed to God that I would not grow old and cynical in ministry,” she says. “God led me to EAST to answer that prayer through the many models I have met, e.g. Dr Langston and Dr Lewis, my first teachers, impressed me as very intelligent and humble people, and Dr Roland exemplifies childlike wonder and pure joy for life.”

Coming to EAST was not part of her plan, admits Fang Fang, “I don’t know how to plan,” she says as a matter of fact. Many important events in her life, she shares, from doing her masters in psychotherapy in the UK to serving in East Asia, happened as the Lord led her through relationships and circumstances.

“When I came home from the mission field due to unforeseen circumstances, I happen to sit next to an EAST faculty member during our church camp,” she says, “She invited me to come and see, and I did. And stayed.”

Fang Fang continues to serve with her church and through her gifts in teaching and counselling in Singapore. She graduated with a Graduate Diploma in Christian Ministry in 2016.

Read more alumni stories at www.east.edu.sg/tag/alumni/

#EASTAlumni #EASTLifestyle #Faithfulness #Joy #Missionary