Alumnus: I hope to build others the way he built me

“At EAST, God confirmed His calling for me to serve Him in full-time ministry,” said Samuel Linn. This call was the result of convictions built through classes such as Bible, evangelism, and movement building, and extended times alone with God. He also reminisced, “Dr Keith’s Bible Study Methods’ class taught me the most important skills of studying and teaching God’s Word accurately. Janice Chuang’s training on evangelism pulled me out of my introverted shell to reach out to others.”

Samuel is grateful for his faculty mentor Matthew Winslow who modeled for him humility in ministry. “Matthew never looked shocked whenever I shared with him my failures, and always spoke to me with kindness,” he says. “I hope to build others the way he built me.”

Samuel has since returned to Yangon, Myanmar, gotten married with Esther, and serves as a youth pastor in his church while reaching out to college students on campus.  He graduated with a Master of Divinity in Christian Ministry in 2016 and received the EAST’s “Heart for the Lost” award.

Read more alumni stories at www.east.edu.sg/tag/alumni/

#EASTAlumni #EASTLifestyle

Filed under Newsletter · Tagged with ,