Alumnus: New Confidence through Love and Patience

“At EAST, I see God restoring my confidence to serve Him on the mission field,” says Peter Lee, an EAST alumnus. “My wife and I were both totally exhausted after serving for ten years in East Asia.”

Read on to find out why Peter feels that EAST has provided the shelter for him to renew his strength to serve, and courage to lead in his life, family, and ministry.

“I was a team leader in East Asia – I served out of a sense of responsibility,” he says. He admits that there was a time he doubted his ability to lead. But God has His unique way of rebuilding a man, Peter discovered. “Firstly, I was asked to be President of the Student Council last year – something I agreed to do only in obedience to God,” he says, “My team members’ love and patience with me gave me new confidence.”

Peter is also inspired by the many models of servant leaders among the faculty. Dr Roland, Dr Jeannette and Dr Rob are humble and gentle leaders, and Nelson leads with kindness,” he says. I learned from them that leading well is not about having the right temperament or style – it is about being available to God, and having humility to love people.”

Peter and his wife, Choice, hope to contribute to the ministry of missions and sending with Korea Campus Crusade for Christ. Peter Lee Kap Soo graduated in 2016 with a Master of Arts in Biblical Studies and Choice obtained a Partner-in-Ministry Certificate.

Read more alumni stories at www.east.edu.sg/tag/alumni/

#EASTAlumni #EASTLifestyle #Confidence #Love #Patience #ServantLeader