Finding our Identity

Have you thought about what defines you?

Is it the size of your house? Or your grades in school? Maybe it’s how many friends you have, or even something like how well you play an instrument or sport.

In the video above, Dr Alex Tang examines Jesus’ identity in the Gospel of John and what it means for Christians. When Jesus was repeatedly asked who He was, He had a common response: “I am”.

As we start to turn to the Lord with the question of our identity, we find that He doesn’t really define us by how much we have, our achievements, or what others think of us.

Go ahead and ask Jesus, “What do You think of me? What do You really see in me?” You might be surprised at what He says =)

What about the good deeds that we’re doing then?
“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” (Matt 25:40) 
Thank you for all the good things you are doing in your life!

So then, how do we go about understanding our identity? It’s about who we are to God.

God won’t care how much you had, since it was given to you by Him anyway. What will matter is how you used what He blessed you with. Were you a good and faithful steward?

Think about how you can make your Father proud of you.

Filed under Good Clip, Good Reads · Tagged with ,