“I’m 31 years old; can I be a baby again?”

For me (YK), speaking to 100 teachers in two schools. Most of them were non-believers but they listened to my talks attentively. I'm grateful.

For me (YK, 2nd from right), speaking to 100 teachers in two schools. Most of them were non-believers but they listened to my talks attentively. I'm grateful.

Battsenger said, when I (YK) shared the gospel with her.

The manager of the GoldStar Hotel, where we stayed during our 10-day trip in Ulaanbaatar (UB), was my “man of peace” (Luke 10:6).

Every day, she would check if we had enough hot water (temperature between -3°C and 20°C). One evening she prepared for us Indian curry (she’s married to a Pakistani). Another day, she surprised me by doing all my laundry, and at no cost.

Though she didn’t receive Christ through my sharing, I know Battsenger’s salvation is near. “You have something special,” she told me.

When I replied that the “something special” is Jesus in me, she nodded. “Yes, I know,” she said. “My maid, who’s the purest person I’d ever met, has the same thing.”

“She’s also a Christian.”

On our last evening, I introduced Battsenger to Boggii, a local worker who would follow her up. Here’s the amazing thing: when the two women met, they realized they were neighbors 30 years ago in Hovd, a village 1,500km from UB.

Read full letter