East Asia School of Theology (EAST) was established by Campus Crusade for Christ International in 1992. The school began with the purpose of developing and equipping Christian leaders for East Asia and the world. It is a legal division of Cru Asia Ltd., a registered charity incorporated in Singapore.
To date more than 400 men and women have graduated from EAST. They are scattered across Asia and around the world. Over 90% of them continue to serve in full-time vocational ministry.
To help transform East Asia through mobilizing lifetime labourers and sending cross-cultural missionaries to the world by:
- Being people who truly follow Jesus
- Boldly proclaiming Jesus
- Making disciples
- Multiplying Christ-centred leaders and spiritual movements
The mission of EAST is to develop and equip Christian leaders for the fulfilment of the Great Commission in East Asia and around the world. EAST seeks to develop spiritual leaders who are:
- Committed to growing in Christ-likeness
- Passionate spiritual multipliers
- Learning and living out God’s Word
- Communicating God’s truth effectively
EAST seeks to accomplish this mission through holistic learning, where students not only learn intellectually (‘know”), but their attitudes and character are also shaped (“be”), leading to actions (“do”). Each of the three dimensions is emphasized in the classroom and assignments as well as field ministry and internships, school retreat, ministry weekend, community life, and Mentoring Groups.
EAST is committed to be a theological school of excellence that develops biblically grounded leaders of spiritual movements for the global harvest.
Accreditation and Affiliations
EAST operates with the accreditation of and affiliation with the following bodies:
- Accreditation by the Asia Theological Association (ATA) to offer the Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees. Additional information at www.ataasia.com.
- Accreditation by the Association for Theological Education in South East Asia (ATESEA) to offer the Master of Divinity degree. Additional information at www.atasea.net.
- Member of the Asia Graduate School of Theology Alliance (AGST Alliance) comprised of seminaries in Cambodia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, and Thailand to offer MTh, EdD and PhD degrees to prepare scholars and leaders for the Church and society in Asia. Additional information at www.agstalliance.org.
- Member of the International Leadership Consortium (ILC), a global network of theological and leadership development institutions. Additional information at www.internationalleadershipconsortium.net.
- Member of the Fellowship of Missional Organisations of Singapore (FOMOS), an alliance formed between missional organisations in Singapore for the purpose of fulfilling the Great Commission through mutual edification and effective partnerships. Additional information at www.fomos.org.
People of EAST
- School Leadership Team
- Resident Faculty Members
- Adjunct Faculty Members
- Administration and Ministry Staff
- Board Members