M.A. Intercultural Studies
The Master of Arts in Intercultural Studies is a two-year (93 credits) graduate degree programme for bachelor’s degree holders. It is designed for those who anticipate a ministry in a cross-cultural or multicultural setting urban setting, especially in the Asian context. It is suitable for missionaries, evangelists, missionary teachers and trainers, mission pastors, church planters, and leaders of mission organizations.
- To foster growth in Christian character, cross-cultural adaptability, and commitment to our Lord’s Great Commission.
- To provide a working understanding of the essential content of each book of the Bible including the key themes, issues and theological contributions.
- To equip the student with the necessary working skills to study the Word of God and apply God’s truth to life and ministry, especially in the Asian context.
- To develop skills for effective intercultural living and ministry, communication of the gospel, discipleship, teaching, church planting and developing mission strategies.
- To develop and understanding of the essential doctrines of the Bible and God’s working through the history of Christianity.
- To equip the student to analyze and understand the challenges and issues in missions and ministry, and to develop Christian perspectives concerning these challenges.
EAST considers each applicant’s qualifications in these five areas:
- Maturity (personal, social, and spiritual)
- Ministry experience
- Leadership ability
- Academic ability
- Academic entry requirement: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited or recognized university or college
Note: EAST reserves the right to make exceptions to the above policy.
- Completion of the 93 credits as listed under distribution requirements with a minimum grade point average (G.P.A.) of 2.5.
- Completion of the vocational internship.
- File application for graduation with the Registrar at the beginning of the last year of the programme.
- Approval of the candidate for the degree by an EAST faculty evaluation committee.
- All tuition and fees paid in full.
- Attendance at commencement exercises (unless special permission for absence is obtained).