M.A. Biblical Studies
The Master of Arts in Biblical Studies is a two-year (93 credits) graduate degree programme for bachelor’s degree holders. It is designed to develop and equip students to be biblically grounded disciplers, able to teach in church and parachurch settings, especially in the Asian context.
- To provide a working knowledge and understanding of the essential content of each book of the Bible including the key themes, issues and theological contributions.
- To foster growth in Christian character and commitment to the Great Commission.
- To equip the student with the foundational skills and methods needed for a lifelong study of the Word of God.
- To develop and understanding of the essential doctrines of the Bible and God’s working through the history of Christianity.
- To develop skills for effective ministry in evangelism, discipleship, teaching, preaching, writing, counselling, cross-cultural ministry and Christian leadership.
EAST considers each applicant’s qualifications in these five areas:
- Maturity (personal, social, and spiritual)
- Ministry experience
- Leadership ability
- Academic ability
- Academic entry requirement: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited or recognized university or college
Note: EAST reserves the right to make exceptions to the above policy.
- Completion of the 93 credits as listed under distribution requirements with a minimum grade point average (G.P.A.) of 2.5.
- Completion of the vocational internship.
- File application for graduation with the Registrar at the beginning of the last year of the programme.
- Approval of the candidate for the degree by an EAST faculty evaluation committee.
- All tuition and fees paid in full.
- Attendance at commencement exercises (unless special permission for absence is obtained).