Please note that if you intend to audit a class, you are not required to purchase the textbooks. To find out availability or list price of textbooks, please contact Academic Assistant at 62919744 ext 207 or via email. Textbooks may be available at local Christian bookstores as well (see section below).
Click here for Payment and Textbook Orders.
(January to May 2017)
NT504 Greek 4: Advanced Exegesis
Available as E-books:
- Campbell, Constantine R. Advances in the Study of Greek: New Insights for Reading the New Testament. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2015.
- Silzer, Peter James, and Thomas John Finley. How Biblical Languages Work: A Student’s Guide to Learning Hebrew and Greek. Grand Rapids: Kregel Academic & Professional, 2004.
NT511 New Testament Epistles & Revelation
E-kindle available on Amazon:
- Walter A. Ewell & Robert W. Yarborough, Encountering the New Testament A Historical and theological survey. Baker Academic, 3rd edition
OT501 Hebrew 2A: Tools & Methods for Exegesis
- Stuart, Douglas. Old Testament Exegesis: A Handbook for Students and Pastors. 4th ed. Louisville: Westminster, 2009.
OT502 Hebrew 2B: Basics of Hebrew Grammar
- Gary D. Pratico and Miles V. Pelt. Basics of Biblical Hebrew Grammar, Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2007, 2nd edition.
OT510 Old Testament Narratives
- Arnold, Bill T., and Bryan E. Beyer. Encountering the Old Testament: A Christian Survey. 3rd edition. Grand Rapids: Baker, 2015.
IS510 World Missions
- Moreau, A. Scott, Gary R. Corwin, and Gary B. McGee. Introducing World Missions: A Biblical, Historical, and Practical Survey. 2nd ed. Grand Rapid, MI: Baker Academic, 2004.
IS565/LF519 Leading Multi-Cultural Teams
- Plueddemann, James. Leading Across Cultures: Effective Ministry and Mission in the Global Church, IVP Academic, 2009.
- Solomon, Charlene M, and Schell, Michael S. Managing Across Cultures: The Seven Keys to Doing Business with a Global Mindset, McGraw Hill, 2009.
LF556 Expository Preaching 2
- Bryan Chapell, Christ Centered Preaching Redeeming the Expository Sermon, 2010.
LF560 Christian Marriage and Family in Asia
- David W. Jones. Wheaton, IL God, Marriage, and Family: Rebuilding the Biblical Foundation. 2nd ed. (2010). Andreas J. Kostenberger with: Crossway
- Kenneth O. Gangel and James C. Wilhoit. The Christian Educator’s Handbook on Family Life Education: A Comprehensive Resource on Family Life Issues in the Local Church. eds., (2000). Grand Rapids. MI: Baker Books.
TS511 Theology 2
- Erickson, Millard J. Christian Theology, 3rd ed. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2013.
TS561 Church, Society & Ethical Issues
- Scott B. Rae’s Moral Choices: An Introduction to Ethics, Zondervan, 3rd edition. 2009.
TS532 Spiritual Life and Transformation
- Anderson, Neil T. The Steps to Freedom in Christ Study Guide: A Step-By-Step Guide to Help You. Bloomington, MN: Bethany House Publishers, 2004.
- Anderson, Neil T. Victory Over the Darkness: Realizing the Power of Your Identity in Christ. 2nd edition. Bloomington, MN: Bethany House Publishers, 2000.
- Ryrie, Charles C. Balancing the Christian Life. 25th anniversary edition. Chicago, IL: Moody Press, 1994
- Willard, Dallas. The Spirit of the Disciplines: Understanding How God Changes Lives. New York, NY: HarperOne, 1991.
TS501 Church History 2
- Shelley, Bruce, Church History in Plain Language, 2nd edition, Word Publishing, 1995
- Sire, James, The Universe Next Door: A Basic Worldview Catalog, 4th Ed., Downers Grove: Inter Varsity Press, 2004.
TS534/LF548 Theology & Practice of Humility
- Stephen Cherry, Barefoot Disciple: Walking the Way of Passionate Humility, New York: Continuum, 2011.
- John Dickson, Humilitas: A Lost Key to Life, Love, and Leadership, Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2011.
- Andrew Murray, Humility: The Beauty of Holiness, GLH publishing, 2016, 2nd Edition
No Textbook Required for the Classes Below:
BS543 Exposition of Daniel
IS580/LF580 Cross Cultural Team Internship
LF531 Teaching & Learning 2
NT511 Exposition of Hebrews
For more information, please contact the Academic Assistant at 62919744 ext 207 or email.
Christian Bookstores for Purchase of Textbooks
Media Ministry of Cru Singapore (identify yourself as an EAST student)
18 Verdun Road, #02-01, Cru Centre, Singapore 207280
Tel: 6589 9661
For operating hours, please visit their website: www.media.cru.org.sg
SKS Books Warehouse (identify yourself as an EAST student)
315 Outram Road, #09-03, Tan Boon Liat Building, Singapore 169074
Tel: 6227 9700
For operating hours, please visit their website: www.sksbooks.com