All applicants are required to send a completed application form to:
East Asia School of Theology
1 Dorset Road Singapore 219486
For enquiries, please contact EAST office at:
Together with the completed set of application forms, the applicant must submit the following items:
1. Applicant’s photographs
Paste one recent passport sized photograph on the right hand corner of the application form and submit another photograph.
2. Personal documents of identification
Submit a photocopy of the NRIC for Singaporeans and passport for foreign students.
3. Application fee
Applicants have to pay a S$60 non-refundable application fee for each degree programme or certificate programme. Cheques, money orders, or drafts should be made payable to “East Asia School of Theology.”
4. Biographical summary
This covers conversion, call, ministry experience, and the reasons for pursuing theological education at EAST.
5. Official transcripts and certificates
This includes ALL certificates and transcripts earned from educational institutes beyond secondary or high school (‘O’ level). It is preferred that the applicant’s previous schools send the original transcripts directly to EAST or that the originals be brought to EAST for verification.
6. Character references
Four references are required. These should include
- A pastor or church leader who knows the applicant well and a direct supervisor if he/she is in a vocational ministry position.
- The other three references may include a friend, a teacher or a professor, a colleague, or former employer who knows the applicant well. Spouses and relatives are not acceptable references.
The names and full addresses of all the references should be written on the application forms so that EAST will know from whom to expect the reference forms. The applicant should give the reference form together with a stamped envelope addressed to EAST to their reference. The reference should send the completed reference form directly to EAST, not to the applicant, in a sealed envelope.
To obtain the Character references form, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student application form (PDF, 349kB)
- EAST Prospectus 2010 (PDF, 1.68MB) – a complete academic catalogue, as of February 2010
- DIY: Approximate budget for living in Singapore as a student (PDF, 137kB)
- DIY: Writing biographical information concerning christian services (PDF, 60kB) for Campus Crusade for Christ staff members
The Admissions Office will not consider applications that do not have the required documents mentioned above.
All completed applications (with application fee and accompanying documents) must reach EAST four months before the start of the quarter for international students (three months for local students). The entire admission process normally takes four to eight weeks once all the required documents are received. The Admissions Office will inform the applicants the results of their application.