General admission requirements
EAST considers each applicant’s qualifications in these five areas:
- Maturity (personal, social, and spiritual)
- Ministry experience
- Leadership ability
- Academic ability
- Academic entry requirement:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited or recognized university or college for admission to a master’s programme or graduate certificate programme.
- An A-level certificate or diploma from a recognized tertiary institution for admission to Bachelor of Arts in Christian Ministry.
Note: EAST reserves the right to make exceptions to the above policy.
Additional requirements for international applicants
1. Proficiency in the English language
Students whose first language is not English are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or a comparable test of English proficiency prior to acceptance. It is the responsibility of the applicant to take the test and to arrange for the scores to be sent to EAST, Office of Admissions. For admission to a degree programme, EAST requires a TOEFL score of not less than 76 on the Internet-Based Test (IBT) or 207 on the Computer-Based Test (CBT) or 540 overall or 53 minimum on each of the three sections of the Paper-Based Test (PBT).
2. Financial guarantees
Proof of financial support from a sponsoring church (letter of sponsorship) or individual (bank statement) must be produced. The school provides an estimate of education and living expenses for international applicants.