The Graduate Diploma (Grad Dip) is a 30-credit graduate level program designed to equip believers for more effective Christian service. The program can be completed within one academic year or it can be extended over several years for those studying part-time.
The student may choose to complete a Grad Dip in Christian Ministry for broad exposure to a wide range of classes, or choose a more focused Grad Dip. The student must select an area of emphasis from the following:
- Biblical Studies
- Intercultural Studies
- Leadership Studies
- Pastoral Counselling
- Theological Studies
The Grad Dip is appropriate for adults of all ages who would like additional equipping in order to better serve in their faith communities. This flexible program can meet the needs of working adults who minister in the marketplace or their community, those changing careers and entering full-time ministry, people who desire to increase their effectiveness as they serve in local ministries, those preparing to serve in cross-cultural ministries and individuals on a sabbatical.
Required courses (9 credits):
- LF500 Research & Writing for Christian Leadership (2 credits)
- BS510 Bible Study Methods & Hermeneutics (3 credits)
- LF570 Mentoring Group (1 credit)
- LF571 Mentoring Group (1 credit)
- (Select one) IS520 Contextualization or TS570 Worldview and Biblical Decision Making or IS510 World Missions (2 credits)
(Select three) From the four categories listed below, select courses from three categories (9 credits):
- Biblical Studies course (3 credits)
- Intercultural Studies course (3 credits)
- Leadership & Formation course (3 credits)
- Theological Studies course (3 credits)
Emphasis courses (12 credits)
- For a Graduate Diploma in ChristianMinistry, the student selects twelve (12) additional credits of ministry-related classes from a variety of class categories.
- For a Grad Diploma in a specialized area of emphasis, the twelve (12) credits would be selected from the area of emphasis.
Time Limit for Degree Completion
A student has a maximum of four (4) years to complete a Grad Dip from the date of matriculation at EAST.
The following are graduation requirements for a Graduate Diploma:
- Completion work of all coursework (30 hours) with a grade of C- or higher
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Demonstrate character and ministry skills appropriate for an EAST graduate
- Approval by the faculty
- Payment all fees